NEW YORK (Frameshop) – Yesterday, at 1am, the three-term billionaire Mayor of New York City sealed off all bridges, roads, and public access to lower Manhattan, then sent police in riot gear to raid Zuccotti Park in the name of public safety. Don Hazen expressed it best when he described Bloomberg’s offensive–thrust upon the protesters like a knife in the night–as the latest failure of imagination by America’s ruling class. Beyond all the legitimate outrage against ridiculously out of proportion police violence, Hazen directs us to a clarifying keyword. What has OWS achieved in this first stage of the movement? It has pulled back the veil for so many millions of Americans, helping us find the courage to see past the endless cycle of corruption, violence, and failures.
- omg—it’s like a 7th grade class at a boys school where all the students are pasty old corrupt sycophants... twitter.com/thekatiecoop/s… 17 hours ago
- A man is literally saying “Here is proof confirming the central charges against Trump are true.” The whole world no… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- A f***ing hate 2020’already. Godspeed, Kobe. You are legend... 2 days ago
- Bolton is a coward who chose filthy money over country. Testify on the record! Bring down this criminal President! axios.com/john-bolton-bo… 2 days ago
- omg @realjonlovitz you have been missed! #snl 2 days ago
- I’m conflicted about this—if a travel lockdown contains it, OK. But maybe the better solution is an international f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- I hear Novosibirsk gets good reviews on Tripadvisor... twitter.com/Acyn/status/12… 3 days ago