NEW YORK (Frameshop) – Yesterday, at 1am, the three-term billionaire Mayor of New York City sealed off all bridges, roads, and public access to lower Manhattan, then sent police in riot gear to raid Zuccotti Park in the name of public safety. Don Hazen expressed it best when he described Bloomberg’s offensive–thrust upon the protesters like a knife in the night–as the latest failure of imagination by America’s ruling class. Beyond all the legitimate outrage against ridiculously out of proportion police violence, Hazen directs us to a clarifying keyword. What has OWS achieved in this first stage of the movement? It has pulled back the veil for so many millions of Americans, helping us find the courage to see past the endless cycle of corruption, violence, and failures.
- "Nope." (Sen. D Nunes (R), blurting out a barely audible sound signaling the end of his career, as well as the c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Is there anything worse than listening to Mike Pence talk? I can’t think of anything... 11 hours ago
- When Trump said he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and Republicans were so stupid they would still support him--I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- When this election is over, I predict that the widely circulated supposed news story “voters are against Medicare f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Follow the money... wsj.com/articles/feder… 4 days ago
- Trump did this... twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/s… 4 days ago
- So...here’s the explanation for why Chris Stewart did NOT undermine Yovanovitch, yesterday—despite all the claims t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago